Water Supply and Sanitation
Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Project
Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) project, Kenya
Development Alternatives, Inc. (DAI)
US$ 50.9 million
SHELADIA is working with DAI to support efforts to improve the health and nutrition for over 100,000 beneficiaries in Kenya through upgrades in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services throughout the country.
As part of the Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) project, SHELADIA is providing technical advisory services to design, develop and implement strategies to increase WASH coverage in nine (9) counties, oversee implementation, and work side-by-side with government and water service providers to increase their capacity in effective and efficient service delivery.
- Provision of Technical Advisor to design, develop, and implement strategies and project work plans
- Development and implementation of all construction plans for small- to medium-scale WASH infrastructure, including:
- Multiple use systems
- Water supply and sanitation engineering
- Water supply planning
- Sanitation design
- Construction supervision
- Procurement assistance
- Training and mentoring of local project, government and private sector engineering staff
Ketsana Emergency Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Project
Ketsana Emergency Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Project, Cambodia
Ministry of Rural Development
US$ 40 million
In 2009, Typhoon Ketsana severely impacted millions of people living in Cambodia, causing substantial damage to critical infrastructure across the country. To assist local rehabilitation efforts, the World Bank created the $40 million ’Ketsana Emergency Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Project (KERRP)’.
Under KERRP, SHELADIA provided crucial services to rehabilitate water and transport infrastructure including 600 km of existing rural roads, three major bridges, culverts and drainage facilities. SHELADIA also managed rehabilitation of 1,200 community-based wells with hand pumps, and the building of 32,000 sanitation facilities.
- Flood Damage Assessment and Sub-Project Preparation
- Detailed Technical and sub-Project Designs
- Procurement Services
- Construction Supervision
- Contracts Administration
- Social Safeguards and Anti-Corruption Monitoring
- Training of MRD Staff
- Capacity building of National Contractors
Additional Water Supply & Sanitation Projects
Phnom Penh Water Supply and Drainage Project, Cambodia
Department of Public Works and Transit
Improvement of the drainage infrastructure in the downstream area of the Boeng Trabek catchment area in the center of the Capital, Phnom Penh.
- Detailed Engineering Design
- Construction Management and Supervision
- Tender Documents and Procurement Assistance
- Land Acquisition & Resettlement Monitoring
- Training and Capacity Building
Community Water Services and Health, Aceh-Niass/North Sumatra Project, Indonesia
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
To enhance the health status of 400 low-income communities in rural areas through better hygiene behavior and sustained access to safe water and improved sanitation.
- Project Management
- Detailed Work Plan and Program Designs
- Training and Capacity Building
- Operations & Maintenance Action Plans
- Procurement Assistance
- Project Report Preparation